Wednesday, May 31, 2006

I'm Lizzy!


So I was travelling around the blogosphere today and I found this site were you could take a quiz and find out which Jane Austen character you are. Of course I had to take it! And guess who I was? And she's my favorite! But if you look closely I'm also Elinor....that would be okay too. Have I completely lost my mind? I guess this proves how really mundane my day was....

Elizabeth Bennet

72%

Elinor Dashwood

72%

Jane Bennet

59%

Emma Woodhouse

59%

Marianne Dashwood

53%

Charlotte Lucas

38%

Lady Catherine

25%

Which Jane Austen Character are You? (For Females) Long Quiz!!!
created with QuizFarm.com

I got a chuckle out of that...

Otherwise, my day has been pretty boring. Went to Target to get some stuff, came home with too much stuff. Making personal pizzas tonite with homemade chunky marinara, fresh pizza dough, fresh mozzarella and I'm going to top them with some basil from my own plants. I can smell the marinara cook as I type and I'm getting pretty darned hungry!

Just went in to get a taste on a piece of french bread and of course its too hot and now I've burnt the roof of my mouth! I always do that!

Talked to an old friend last night (my very oldest friend, in fact.

We've known each other since we were born and we're only 24 days apart!). So many of my conversations with my friends these days are centered around trying to live in the moment and not get sucked into wishing away what we have. It's so easy to see only the laundry, dishes, driving about, groceries (need I go on?) and forget how precious each day really is. In this forever planning ahead and on-the-go society we take it for granted that the sun will rise again tomorrow rather than being amazed and thankful to greet it for yet another day. One way that I combat the treadmill that is our society is refusing to make plans for my kids for the summer. When I was a kid we played by the pool, ate popsicles, read books, layed in the sun. I want that for my kids. I want blessed laziness. Only 15 more days until unabashed slothdom....




4 Comments:

Blogger Midsummer night's knitter said...

Viva slothdom!
India

12:56 AM  
Blogger Poshyarns said...

Great post, I'm so in agreement with you over the day by day thing. When the weather is fine I just don't want to leave the house, my children have been on half term this week and we have had a fantastic couple of days going nowhere and doing nothing in particular, not one cry of boredom either, I'm looking forward to a summer filled with happy days of nothingness.

12:32 PM  
Blogger Willow said...

You have the right idea. No schedule means, not boredom, but the opportunity to create and imagine! It's a good reminder to me too to appreciate what I have and not worry about what I don't have.

1:44 PM  
Blogger Vicki Knitorious said...

I have often lamented that my summers have frequently been advance booked or planned away as early as March. This year, I'm taking a tip from my retired dad and going with the flow, baby, as much as I am able. I am not committing to anything but keeping all my options open. Today is Thursday and I still haven't decided whether to go away for the weekend (I'd be visiting said happy-go-lucky retired dad) -- I'll wait and see how the wind blows tomorrow. I'm squashing all the guilt -- and believe me, there's been plenty.

5:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home