Monday, May 08, 2006

is it swendly?



When Henry, my son was about 2 1/2, he would crack us up with a set of criteria that he would apply to every living creature that he would encounter: Is it swendly (friendly)? Do it bite? Can I pet it? He would ask those three questions about all animals. I remembered those criteria today while watching that damn duck go after my dog and then a cat. He's obnoxious! No one really takes him seriously and maybe thats the problem. If he knows Angus is in the cottage with me he will hop his heavy duck ass up on the step and peck, peck, peck at the glass for 15 minutes! By this time Angus is asleep on the floor or the comfy chair and isn't even paying attention to him. I think Quackers would flunk Henry's criteria. All 3 of them.



I've picked up some embroidery (mother's day is right around the corner, you know) and between the needle and using size 0's for my sock, some of my fingers are downright sensitive! I'm thinking of getting one of those paraffin bath thingies...maybe that will help. I'm really in a rut with my knitting right now--I'm not inspired by my socks and I'm only on the first one (and scared of SSS) and I'm bored with my sweater. Sooooo, thinking of casting on another pair of fast socks just for fun. I don't know... Actually, now I remember that I just ordered some Opal Petticoat in a new colorway so maybe I'd better wait until that arrives in the mail because you know I'll be wanting to dive into that!

I went to Joanne Fabrics today (how hard would it be to make that place nice, huh?) and got a large cutting mat. Now that I have so much room on my cutting table I can use a bigger mat. Plus, my mom had a 40% off coupon so that was a bonus!

It must've been a boring day on the farm if all I had to talk about was Quackers and a cutting mat....


2 Comments:

Anonymous Judy said...

Time to start knitting socks two at at time! I would have very many 1-sock "pairs" if I didn't do them both at once.

I think your duck is hysterical. Can I introduce him to my cats?

11:31 AM  
Blogger Poshyarns said...

Oh my gosh, I am so in envy of your sewing area, it looks so beautiful and peaceful. Lovely photographs. Thanks for visiting my blog which has led me to discover yours, I'll be popping back. It is so lovely to peep in to parts of other peoples worlds.

12:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home