Sunday, May 14, 2006

mother's day


Happy Mother's Day, all!

Whew! Yesterday was spent creating a new garden in front of the cottage. It's going to be a raised bed garden for veggies and herbs. We finished the bones of it yesterday: placed the boxes, filled them with dirt, planted tomatoes (I was getting scared that we waited too long!), laid down some thick mulch for the paths, and created a few planting beds for lavender, rosemary, daphne and others. I'm one hurtin' unit right now! Soon we'll put up a fence (maybe picket) to surround the cottage and keep the ducks and the chickens out.




Doug will be making me a gate with an arbor over it so the two blue pots will move and roses will be planted there. The pix are terrible but I had to take the lighting I was given....


And now I can finally show the cute Amy Butler patterned bag that I made my mom for Mother's Day. (She reads the blog so I didn't want to spoil the surprise...)





And then I was delightfully surprised by my mom and dad with these :


I feel blessed.

OOOOOOHHHH! My kids just gave me my presents! I received a beautiful potted (by himself) plant from Henry, some wonderful smelling and softening hand lotion from Riley and a parafin hand spa from Ruby! I am so excited and feel doubly loved. I am going to go warm up some wax and plop my hands in right now....

4 Comments:

Blogger Poshyarns said...

That garden is gorgeous. I am going to show your photos to my husband as an example of what I want for my vegetables (I have a patch but it isn't pretty)

You have my sympathy on the SAD thing. I can't believe the difference sunshine makes to me and am beginning to wonder if I should investigate treatment.

12:21 PM  
Blogger b said...

Happy Mohter's Day! You are a wonderful mother and so deserve all the love and admiration you receive today.

The cottage looks amazing...both inside and out. And as usual...your talents never cease to amaze me. You are truly an inspiration for my own life...as a mother, creative designer, friend, etc. Enjoy this beautiful day.

12:59 PM  
Blogger carra said...

I just found your blog through Breal's blog! I love it! I want to knit again, and sew I have this beautiful material waiting to be used! And my knitting needles - they are lost! But anyway I love your blog. Happy mother's day! I'll be back!

1:25 PM  
Anonymous Alicia P. said...

Gorgeous! Everything! Those flowers!

9:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home