Friday, May 12, 2006

who needs tolerance?




You all will be happy to know that I finished my Mother-in-law's socks last night at 12:15 while I was in bed, listening to my husband snore, and watching the Poseidon Adventure(the old one) on TV. In my haste to get said socks packaged, boxed and fedexed, I neglected to take pictures. Alas, they are now but a memory.

I am currently sitting here blogging with a Mikes cranberry lemonade (summer in a bottle!) and waiting for Chinese Food. Doesn't that just scream Friday?

This may be way too much information but I'm just gonna throw it out there. It is suspected that I have SAD (seasonal affective disorder). Moving to the lovely Northwest definitely did not help and I realized something was up when all I wanted to do this winter was sit by the fire and knit. And nap. And knit some more. And then go to bed. Well. Now it is sunshiny in the morning when I wake up and I just pop outta bed at 6 am like nothin doin (as my papa would say). So I have somewhat recently given up on the anti-depressants. This has created a bit of a situation as I'm kinda gettin a bit rageful behind the wheel. Especially rageful of slower drivers who are not even driving the speed limit! And I seem to get a bit pissed off by bumper stickers. I feel that I'm not shoving my beliefs down anyones throat with them and it bugs me when others do (unless its a Cal Bears sticker or something to do with knitting which you never see anyway). Okay, admittedly I am experiencing some rage issues but I've got it under control. I really do. One morning my daughter Riley (BIG Southpark fan) remarked upon my lack of tolerance and said that I needed to go to Tolerance Camp. I was shocked. I am so tolerant of others (just not slow others) and try to never offend but here she is telling me I need to go to Tolerance Camp! (For those of you who don't watch Southpark, one of the characters is really a snot and very intolerant and as his punishment for doing something very un-PC he gets sentenced to Tolerance Camp) For the last few mornings she and I have been going on about this and I 've even asked her about other people who I know to be less tolerant than me. Riley had the audacity to tell me that Aunt Ali only needed to go to aTolerance WORKSHOP!!! Well, finally I took it to a new level and shut her up. I asked if there were spa treatments at Tolerance Camp. Enough said. Sign me up...(I'm not really that rageful--my kids are big exxagerators)

4 Comments:

Blogger b said...

beware...i've heard that you can be committed to tolerance "camp" against your own free will! and i'd be wary of the tolerance mud bath if i were you...especially if cartman is anywhere nearby!

in my case with that damn sushi place...i think i need to be commited to a camp for people too tolerant of horrendous customer service...all for ONE ridiculous little california roll!!!!! (see blog for the sad, sad details)

9:40 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

Hey, I paid an early morning visit to your place here after seeing your question in my blog.

Let's just say that if I were a "Borrower" I'd be living in a tiny space in your cottage. It's marvelous!

Susan

6:38 AM  
Blogger Willow said...

I'm a close friend of SAD also. It's one of many reasons we moved to SoCal. My cosy spot was by the sliding glass door in the kitchen, wrapped in a blanket, with my feet over the heat register. My friends up there sit under lamps all winter and it actually helps.

8:45 AM  
Blogger ~*~ D ~*~ said...

Sign me up with you! But we'll have to use assumed names so the paparazzi won't recognize us!

5:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home